Skip to main content

Why I'm deleting my Facebook author page



I'm sitting in the tropics so it's balmy delicious here but for those of you in the North, it's the end of summer. I am feeling a little bit end of season as well and so I'm making a few changes. Mind if I run it by you and get your input?

First, I want to attract new readers to the Zeta Cartel series, so from now on, the first book in the Zeta Cartel series, The Bonus, will be sold at 99 cents.

As $$$ is tight for so many of us, I'm hoping the token dollar will tempt people to try me out. And cross fingers they like me enough to read my other books!  Think it's a good idea? Or should I be doing something else?

Second, I'm closing down my AJ Adams Facebook page, and shifting everything to my personal page.

I'm deleting the page because Facebook won't show posts unless I pay them. I don't mind paying, but they also say my books are "unfit for Facebook advertising".

You may not know this, but Facebook won't allow authors to advertise unless it's a sweet or clean romance. Anything with a chest is automatically banned. And the words 'dark fiction' are banned too. Weird huh? Because hate speech is all over the place, and Facebook don't mind that.

Anyway, it's their business and clearly they don't want me to be a part of it.


BUT you can come and chat to me anytime on my personal page, no friendship request needed. Also, I will be blogging a bit more. I'm not sure though, how often you want to hear from me. I was thinking, maybe once a month? More? Less?

In order to connect more, I've added a field to my signup form. Any new people who sign up can choose to get notifications of blog posts. I think that might be good but on the other hand, maybe you're all fed up already with email. You can see the form here.

Third, All Screwed Up is getting great reviews!!!!! Thank you all soooo much! Seeing everyone is back to work after the summer, I will be doing some advertising next week.

If you could, mention All Screwed Up to your friends? And in book groups? Word of mouth is the best advertising there is!

I'm also posting this blog post around a few places, just to let people know about The Bonus. I'll let you know how it goes.

Finally, I am writing a Regency romance as Ellen BUT I have this idea for a new AJ novel too.

Question: do you want another Cartel story, another Disciples tale, or should I start a new series? Let me know what you think?

Talk to you soon!

Hugs, AJ

The Bonus, dark romantic cartel fiction rated 4.5 over 88 reviews is FREE!



"A beautifully twisted love story"
Damn, I just finished this book. It was unlike any other romance I've ever read. I mean after that first chapter I thought no way is this a romance novel? Read Charles M. Smith II's review of The Bonus here.
"In no way a typical love story..." 

From the opening page I was hooked, this is in no way a typical love story it was dark and dangerous and held me completely captivated! Read Tracey's review of The Bonus here



It's a standalone story, all AJ Adams novels can be read as standalones, and it's also on KU.  

Chloe is a seasoned drug courier who finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Facing a lingering and painful death at the hands of the Zeta cartel, Mexico’s most brutal organised crime syndicate, she persuades their enforcer to claim her.

Ex marine and dark ops expert Kyle Suarez is chief enforcer for the Zeta cartel. Ruthlessly efficient, he is feared by his enemies. When he claims Chloe, he simply expects to enjoy a well-deserved and disposable bonus.

Has Chloe made a huge mistake, or will her choice prove her salvation - and his?

Warning: This bad boy dark romance contains explicit scenes of dubious consent, graphic violence and sex. It is for adults only.

Have a great weekend! And Happy September!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Adams talking about Ruthless Sinner: The universal theme of caring for loved ones

Ruthless Sinner is a murder mystery romance novel that might be a Hallmark title if it were set in a bakery but my Spirit is a stripper and Coop runs a drug lab, that's not likely to happen.  Talking about the universal ethic, taking care of loved ones.  My heroine, Spirit, is a classy lady, and she deserves a fairy-tale ending.  Read Ruthless Sinner and tell me if you consider Coop suitable prince material. There’s a sweet discount for the month of August. Find Ruthless Sinner in online bookstores everywhere

AJ Adams talking about her favourite scene in Dark Hunter - 2 mins, no spoilers

  Two mins only, what I love about bringing back previous characters and my fave bit in Dark Hunter where Chloe, Solitaire and Nats arrive. No spoilers, so you can watch safely Dark Hunter is on sale April 2022 at US$2.99. Hit https://books2read.com/zeta4

Why do women like dark romance?

It's the holiday season, so the cats are looking forward to treats galore and Tom and I are planning outings to the pub to meet up with friends. Hope you're having a great time!   If you're looking for an easy affordable gift, Helpless is discounted to $2.99 all December. Find Helpless at https://books2read.com/disciples1 This month's video answers the question: why do you write dark romance and why do women buy it? The video is less then three minutes but if you're busy, the transcript is below. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and wishing you a Happy New Year. See you in 2023! Love, AJ Transcript I'm often asked why I write violent bedroom scenes and why women enjoy it. There's lots of research about this, with some theories suggesting: In a society where sex is taboo, it may be a way to enjoy it guilt-free, 'cause they made me' Could be related to evolution: mammals tend to have the male pursue and subdue the female Could be that the stress is key: